Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Week #64

Hello mother!
 
We had the greatest week ever!
 
We have just been busy teaching and teaching. It is really fun when you are just busy. So we taught Ed and Nancy on Tuesday and Ed said I want to get baptized. So we looked at the calendar and he said how about this Sunday? we said sure thing! ED got baptized and confirmed this Sunday mom! I was able to baptize him. What a great experience that was. Being able  to see a man that was an atheist in his life to believing in something, and then knowing the restored gospel is true. Nancy will be getting baptized next she is so close! their daughter and Ed's brother came for the baptism. We sat in the chapel again so it was a great way to end my last Sunday in Fort Frances, because I am getting transferred to STEINBACH!!! It hasn't been opened up in 20 years I guess. It is also a By-law to not proselyte.... Steinbach is a Mennonite community and I will be serving with Elder Hodaseck. They are putting 4 missionaries in Steinbach. Elder Wilson will be in Steinbach my old trainer from dauphin and he will serve with elder Wallace. I will be the district leader in Steinbach. The church is not established in Steinbach so we have to drive into Winnipeg for church.
 
It has been an exciting week! We still have been helping Jeremy with his car. It is a lot of fun and a good way to soften his heart. Also we Went and shot Bows with Doug. He almost came to church this Sunday!! I bet if the missionaries keep working with him and loving and serving him, that he will come back to church. Nancy and Ed had us out on Thursday for a bonfire and Hot dogs. Ed hasn't drank since we gave him a blessing which was like 3 weeks ago. The priesthood is real. But anyway Ed and Nancy had a little fight and so Ed went out and bought some cigarettes to make Nancy mad but he didn't smoke them. At the end of the night I said just throw these away so your not tempted Ed because it will be in your sight. Then, Nancy said, "He'll be fine, I will just smoke the rest of them and then I'll be done with smoking." On our way outside to the bonfire I put the cigarettes in my pocket! haha.Aafter we left she had no idea that I took them!  I called them Friday morning to tell them I was going to Steinbach....Nancy answered and said IS THIS ELDER CLARK?! she chewed me out hahaha but we just laughed about it and she said it was probably a good thing.
 
We had to drive to Warroad on Saturday for a baptismal interview, and then after that we got ready for our movie night at the church. We watched Johnny Lingo. "Mahanna you ugly" we had a really good turn out to it as well.
 
Everything is going good. I am going to really miss Fort Frances. It is crazy to think that I have been here since the beginning of April. I have been here for 7 and a half months. I don't know how long they will keep me in Steinbach but I guess we will see what happens. It is going to be really interesting to see what happens in Steinbach. But I will  have faith and go and do.
 

well love you and all of you so much! :) :) :)
-Elder Clark
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi elder Clark. This is Alexis Schroen... You are coming to our place on Thursday. I was just wondering how many missionaries are coming over... I couldn't find your phone number, but it's funny I found you online! If you could let me know that'd be great!

    Thanks,

    Alexis

    ReplyDelete