Sunday, June 9, 2013

Week #42


Well this week was so good.
 
On Monday we had taught a less active family and we had shown the Mormon message "Forgiveness: My Burden Was Made Light". And after we watched it they said the greatest thing ever and this is the exact words. "wow I feel like I got slapped in the face, because I don't even have it as bad as other people." The family had been offended but after this lesson they are more receptive to going to church now. The spirit was so strong in that lesson it was amazing.
 
The rest of the week we were just still keeping busy, teaching less actives! Man, the work is busy and moving. I am tired every morning, we are out all day teaching and finding. We taught a less active member and we set a goal with her to make it to the temple! So we are going to help her really change her life around. So we met with Zach this week. We read 2 Nephi 31 and we just asked him bluntly what he expects to get out of meeting with us now. I asked him what was on his mind.....and he said: what makes this church truer than the catholic church. We taught him by the spirit and taught him about the Book of Mormon and asked him what he felt as he prayed about the Book of Mormon. He said "a burning sensation and chills throughout my body". We then taught him more and invited him to act and follow his Savior. He is getting baptized again! he will be baptized on June 15th!
 
This week I had maybe one of the greatest experiences of my mission There is a less active member and he only comes to church so he can get food. His mom is a member. All he likes to do is hunt and fish. He is a big fella with a big mustache and has orange stained fingers from smoking cigarettes. He is real  rough around the edges and likes to joke...a lot. He had called us and wanted us to come by. Everything is basically going wrong in his life, and I had the prompting to ask him if he would like a blessing. He said yes, I was surprised by his answer. Then I gave him a blessing and after the blessing tears were streaming down his face. And I thought to myself..."wow this man only comes to church so he can get food and his fingers are stained orange from cigarettes, but yet by the power of the priesthood he breaks down and feels the spirit" (See them as they can become.) God know us personally and individually and loves us. I am grateful to have the priesthood of God.
 
We are getting these people back to church! If we have to walk them or do anything to get them back to church then we will do it! We have had such a great week. I cut Elder Camarena's hair last night! I am good at cutting hair I made him look real good! ha.
 
Can you believe that after this transfer I will be out a year.....were is the time going....
 
I testify that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth.
 
All is well,
-Elder Clark
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment