Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Week #74

Mother,

I have......I have been in and experienced -60 degree weather. I am not talking about -60C I am talking about -60F. I do not want to ever experience this kind of weather again haha. They are saying that this is one the coldest winters we have had in a long time. And it is really making me frustrated because when it is -40 we are not allowed to be outside unless we have appointments and can go to them in the car. So this week was just something else lol.

So this week was just really slow. Monday was p-day, Tuesday we were at a funeral in Winnipeg, and plus Tuesday was New Years eve. We had a lot of fun though on new years eve because the Valdez Family had us over. They are members of the church here, and they are a Filipino family. We had a feast. Sister Valdez made us eat balut so I ate another half way developed baby duck again. It wasn't bad this time I have pictures that I will have to send you. The Filipinos love karaoke....so on new years eve we did magic sing haha it is huge in the Philippines. Oh my goodness it was a blast. And everyone in the family are great singers.

Wednesday no body was out at all because it was new years and plus it was - 40. Thursday was -40 until the afternoon so we had to be inside until then, and then it was just -39 the rest of the day. We had lunch with one of our potential investigators on Thursday she is German and she is the best. Hopefully soon we will be able to share the gospel with her. 

On Saturday we had a neat experience. We went out early to go shovel snow because it had snowed a lot the night before. So we went and shovelled the Valdez drive because brother Valdez hurt his foot. After we were done with that we went to go back home to study and as we were driving home we saw these Filipinos shovelling their driveway and so we flipped a U turn and got out and started helping them. We said magandang umaga ( good morning) and they were like oooooo you know Tagalog. We finished their driveway and they invited us in for breakfast. They are so nice they have 2 kids and their brother in law lives with them. So, the Garcia Family fed us and we talked about the Philippines and about magic sing and told them that we could make pan siet. They were so surprised. We asked them if we could share a message with them and well come to find out.....the mother Is best friends with Marlyn and her family, the Filipino family that we have been teaching. They said that next time we teach Marlyn and her family that they would like to join in. We left with a prayer. I said the prayer and I prayed in Tagalog. 

On Sunday it was -60F walking to the car was very painful. It was so cold that it hurt so bad ha. Today is -46 good thing it is p-day. I can't wait for winter to be over.

Well I love being out here it is the best thing I have ever done. Alam ko na totoo Aklat ni Mormon (I know The Book of Mormon is true.) I have a Tagalog language learning book so I am learning a lot. I am using some of it on the street and in the stores! 
 
Love you and all of you so much :)
-Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment