Monday, March 25, 2013

Week #34


I am so tired.

This week we went up to Regina and Saskatoon. We went there for exchanges. When we were done in Regina we left the next morning to head up to Saskatoon. The whole time we drove it was like a blizzard. You couldn't see the road at all but it was ok we made it safe. But still it was really crazy. We saw a semi in a ditch turned on its side with another semi that had run into it while it was on its side. I hope everyone was ok.

While we were in Saskatoon, I went on an exchange with one of the district leaders, because one of the zone leaders was sick. It was a really good exchange. We taught this Muslim guy, and that was ok he talked a lot haha. But after that we went and taught this lady, Tracy, and it was really good. We taught her about prayer and tears were just running down her face the whole time. I had to teach the whole lesson though because the elder I was with wouldn't teach or hardly say anything. I was kind of mad and had to correct him after. It was a good exchange, though. I was able to help him out, he is a good elder.

After that we drove home and didn't get home until about 9:30 on Friday. On Saturday we went to go teach Jessica but her dog ran away and so we went to go look for the dog. Turns out that the dog was found and was at the pound. And so she was mad because she was going to go on a trip for her birthday with the kids but they had to spend money to get the dog out. They came to church on Sunday, but left right after sacrament meeting. Her husband drove her to church and just waited outside until the first meeting was over. So they were leaving to go somewhere and they got pulled over and both of the kids weren't wearing seat belts and so they got a 600 dollar fine..... she was so mad, she was texting us and just venting haha. Because of this she couldn't go on her trip anymore. So she called us and left a message and said that something really good has happened, and we were kind of worried that this whole thing might have ruined her church experience. So, we called her back and she said "I can't go on my trip anymore and so I told my husband that for my birthday present you don't have to spend a dime, I want you to either go to church with me, or sit in with the missionaries". So we are going to teach him this Wednesday!!!! I'm so excited. She is progressing so much!

Well today hasn't really been a p-day at all but that is ok. Tuesday we have to move stuff into apartments and then we are transfer planning with President and that will all get finished up by Wednesday. Then on Friday we are going to Regina for a zone leader conference and so we won't be back until Saturday night, and then the next week is transfers and so it is going to be a pretty crazy week.

All is well,
-Elder Clark


No comments:

Post a Comment