Monday, February 25, 2013

Week #30

This week was very crazy. Last Monday we didn't really get a p-day because we had to do transfer stuff. On Tuesday I can't even remember what happened all I know was that we were busy. We got every thing ready for transfers for when all those missionaries were coming in. We were able to stop by to see Peter as well which is super good. He is a great fella. He loves the church a lot and knows it is true. He lives with a bunch of other Nigerians and he was telling all of them that they should go to church with him, which I thought was neat.

Wednesday we had to go and deliver some stuff to the new apartments that we got for some of the new missionaries. And then next thing I knew we were at the airport picking up 18 brand new missionaries. Two of them are from England, and they are sooo funny those two. Just the way they talk and the things they say make me laugh. We had dinner at the mission home with all of the missionaries and the Zone leaders came with us for the airport and dinner, so it was a full house. After dinner we took six missionaries back to the mission office with us where they slept and the rest all stayed at the mission home. The next morning we went over for breakfast and off to the church for the transfer meeting. We rented two big vans for transfers and it worked really really good. It was the best transfer meeting the mission has ever had because everyone got on the road at 12:30 and back to their areas, which never happens. 

After that we had to come back to the office to do some transfer work and then we were off to a farewell fireside for the missionaries going home. I have realized that I have conducted a lot of meetings. But anyway we had the meeting and it was really good. We then went to bed and then woke up at 4:30 am Friday to go take the missionaries going home to the airport. It isn't a big deal picking missionaries up from the airport, but it is always weird dropping them off to go home. But after that, President took us to Denny's, so it was really good. 

Later that day we had an appointment with Peter and we taught him and wow I have never taught someone that can just piece it all together so well. He really understands it and really wants to be baptized. Going to this church when he was 9 really prepared him, it is sad though that his parents stopped him from going. But now I am glad that he has found it :) He will be baptized on March 16th so we are doing all we can to get the ward involved with him so he can feel support from the ward. The rest of Friday we had to deliver more things to apartments so it took up a lot of our day.

Saturday we had to Go to Kenora, Ontario to deal with a situation with a couple of missionaries, but it was good and it all got sorted out. Kenora is a very pretty place. It has hills and mountains so it was weird seeing mountains. But we got back around 6:00pm and then had to go to a lesson at 7:00 and at that lesson we taught Jose, who is a less active but is returning back to activity.

On Sunday we had Peter at church again and it was really good that he came. During our sacrament meeting someone was supposed to give the opening prayer, but instead they just said thank you and bore their testimony for the opening prayer...haha it was very interesting and we just moved on with the meeting... After church we went and ate dinner and then had a stake coordination meeting with the stake president, after that there was a CWM Fireside and I totally forgot that I had to conduct the meeting so I got up there no one even noticed I was winging it!

All is well,
-Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment