Monday, February 18, 2013

Week #29

This last week we left on Tuesday for Regina. We had a specialized training in Regina and then up in Saskatoon. I have never presented so much in my life, but it went really really good. I slept on the floor every night too and my parka was my pillow. While we were in Regina we went on exchanges. I was with Elder Turner and we were going to the church when right in front of us this car went off the road and spun out in the snow. We stopped and helped her get out and then left her with a pass along card with our number. it was pretty crazy.

Also while we were in Regina, we had been texting our investigator Jessica and we committed her to read the Book of Mormon. She texted us and said that she was at the end of 1 Nephi chapter 1, a day later she said she was at the end of chapter 14. She then said "I can honestly feel the calmness and happiness when I read that I literally cry, and I never thought that I could feel that way again". She then said that she would like to come to church and turn her life around. Elder Moojalksy and I were so happy that her faith increased and that she was starting to change. I know that that was the lord's work. Whenever there are tough times, we can pick up the Book of Mormon and feel the peace and comfort that comes from it.

So after Regina we went up to Saskatoon and had another specialized training and it also went really good. At both trainings we gave everyone their transfer calls. On the way up to Saskatoon we called Manitoba and gave them their transfer calls as well. For lunch at each training we had tacos in a bag, it is the best thing ever. So after that I went on exchanges with Elder Perkins, one of my really good friends here in the mission, and he is a zone leader. We taught their Chinese investigator Charlie. It was so funny, but also a very spiritual lesson. After our lesson he says "ok now time for ping pong" haha I have never seen such a good ping pong player....like he was amazing at ping pong. And he says.." ok house wife would like a turn and play Elder Perkins." Charlie apparently thinks I look like this man sun yat sen.....a really famous Chinese man...His whole family thought I looked like him it was really funny. I was making them laugh a lot. After that we came home and went to bed, and the next day we traveled back to Winnipeg. I drove all day Tuesday and I drove all the way home as well. It was an 8 hour trip and i didn't even get tired. We stopped in Brandon too and got some food. About an hour away from the peg there was a very bad blizzard but we made it back safely.

Saturday night I was just praying for our investigators because we haven't seen them all week and I was asking for a miracle that they might show up, but someone else showed up instead. His name is Peter and he will be getting baptized on March 15th. He is from Nigeria and told us that he went to this church when he was 9 but his parents ended up not liking it. He is now down at U of M studying, and he said that he felt like he needed to go to church, but didn't know where to go. His friend from Nigeria said to go to this church because she is a member and said that he would remember it from when he was 9 years old. His friends told him to not read the Book of Mormon but he prayed and asked Heavenly Father if it was true. After he was done praying he said that he had a really nervous feeling, and then when he was taught by the missionaries the feeling was gone and he knew that the Book of Mormon was true. He told me his whole story that Sunday just as we were talking. He is in our area and the Dalhousie Elders said that he just showed up to church one day and so they taught him and found out that he is in our area. Now we are teaching him and he will be getting baptized on March 15th!  :) The lord will provide a way as we are patient.

This week is going to be so crazy...We will be picking up 18 new missionaries....today hasn't even been a p-day because we have been to busy with other things.

All is well, 
-Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment