Monday, January 7, 2013

Week #23

The Filipino food is very good I'm going to be eating balut on Friday which is that undeveloped duck egg. I will video tape it and send it to you or something. 

This week was just crazy, not a lot happened. We have been in Regina from Monday-Thursday. We got home around 9:00 pm on Thursday, then the following morning we went to the walk in clinic because Elder McDanel wasn't feeling good. That was the worst thing ever we had to wait for like 4 hours. Canadian health care = horrible. So he goes to see the doctor and I'm in the waiting place making phone calls to set up appointments with investigators and this guy over hears me on the phone and says, "So how long you been out?" I said 6 months and he said "you have 2 years right?" and I said yep sure do. I then asked him what he knew about missionaries and he said well my whole family is Mormon but I'm baptist, and I was like oh right on. So then we start having a friendly conversation and he starts pulling out his scriptures and starts bashing with me I was so mad. We talked about Joseph Smith a lot and he said the The Book of Mormon is made up because there is no physical evidence of the plates that it was written on and that the Bible had evidence because we still have all the scrolls. So I then asked him what the definition of faith was....and he stumbled over his words and was saying well uhh in Hebrews 11 uhhh it says uhhh that faith is the evidence for things which are hoped for and not seen, it was neat because he had nothing to say after that, but soon after that he just kept going to scriptures. I bore my testimony that I knew The Book of Mormon was true. As I was sitting there listening to him I realized to myself that this guy has no idea what I have gone through. I have seen people change and witnessed them receive a witness that The Book of Mormon is true. I know that The Book of Mormon is true and that it truly is another witness of Jesus Christ. The bible says that "out of the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established." The old testament and new testament being the 2 witnesses and the Book or Mormon being the third witness of Jesus Christ and his gospel. So that made me mad but whatever I know who I am and I can never deny what I know to be true.

Later that day we traveled to Minnesota with President to assist him in some interviews and look at some areas to put missionaries in. While we were down there I realized how cheap things are in America. We didn't get back until 11:30 that night.

Saturday we were dead....I'm so tired it's ridiculous. We have just been going non-stop traveling without taking a break. We barley have P-Days just time to email and then we are out and about. later that night we had a fireside and Tamara who is less-active showed up! It was so great to see her! We are going over to her place for supper and her boyfriend is going to cook us supper he's a really good guy. Oh so here is something crazy. We stopped by Raul and Aiylnn our Filipino investigators and they just fed us again, only they fed us this crazy weird meal. It was pig with a bunch of stuff in it and then rice and you eat it together. It was super good. Very strange, but really good. Also, I have been drinking poison....(Pepsi)

Sunday we had church and it was good. Church starts at 12:30 now so it feels like our day is wasted but it was a really good day, saw a miracle. I had the thought to stop by Sister Demarchi's. It was a good thing that we did, because her fire place was going crazy and we were able to fix it, if we wouldn't have gone over there she would have had a house full of smoke and would have been breathing all that in. I didn't think of it as a prompting until after so I'm glad that I was just going about doing good.

Well that was my week. I got to go to the temple again in Regina and that was really good. This week will be pretty busy though. We have transfer planning starting Tuesday-Thursday and it's a pretty big transfer so we will see what happens. If Elders McDanel does get transferred then I would be the senior comp but with leadership assistants or zone leaders there is no junior or senior comp everyone is equal.

I sure know that this work is true :)

All is well,
-Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment