Monday, October 1, 2012

Week #9


Here is my week.....it's like.....It's a miracle
 
Monday we had P Day and after that we just tracted. Then on Tuesday we were in Brandon, and stayed there for exchanges and Elder Hatch tracted into an MMA fighter and we taught him the gospel, he was very receptive. On Wednesday we fasted for our investigator Crystal and her family and that they would all progress towards baptism and that Crystal would receive an answer to her prayers.
 
So Wednesday we went over to Crystal's and shared The Restoration DVD with them. Sister O'Sullivan has been praying for Crystal's sister that she might have the chance to hear the gospel, because they're neighbors. Well we show up at Crystal's and her sister is living with her now. Crystal has been telling her sister all about us and that she should sit in for the lessons. We taught crystal and her family and her sister and they for sure had a spiritual experience. And then they asked if we could come over tomorrow. We said sure! They all committed to come to church as well. After Crystal we went and taught Ben and he's such a good guy! I just wish he would come to church! 
 
So Thursday we went and taught Crystal and her family and sister again. We taught the plan of salvation. We had the kids draw it out on a big poster board. Her daughter Raven, who is 12, is insane at drawing and it was the best plan of salvation drawing I have ever seen. A lot of the questions Crystal and her sister had were answered through what we taught. We invited all of them to be baptized on the 20th of October, because Crystal has been reading and praying every night. But crystal said she hasn't received an answer yet, and if she does this she wants to make sure she's received an answer. So we get a text Friday night from Crystal that said.....

"I have done a lot of thinking today, I came to realize that for about 2 years now I have been questioning religion and wanting to know  the right thing to do. I have prayed asking about it too and I have not known what to do. Something always has come between the kids and I getting baptized into the church we were going to and today I realized that having you guys come and teach me about The Book of Mormon is God's way of helping me out and I have just not realized it until really thinking about the way things have unfolded until today. It's like a weight off my chest was lifted" 

We then told her that it was the spirit. She said she wants to be baptized. Elder Wilson and I were just so happy! I wanted to cry because I was just so happy. I know that The Book of Mormon is true and that this is His gospel and that it has been restored back to the earth. Seeing someone receive an answer to their prayer is a witness to me that this is real. She even told us, that it's weird that there were missionaries here before because she's lived here since 2005 and none of them have knocked on her door. I know that I was sent here to Dauphin to be one of the missionaries to teach and baptize Crystal, and that I was meant to find her.
 
So she came to church but her sister and her daughter didn't because they got stuck in Moose Horn. But we went over there again on Sunday and we taught the gospel of Jesus Christ to all of them, and our lesson went really good. We then invited her sister and kids to be baptized and they all said yes! We are baptizing Crystal and her family and her sister on the 20th of October! And she said she wants to be baptized in the lake! It will be so fun and something to always remember! The Lord is blessing Elder Wilson and I for just going out and working hard, and especially applying the big boost. Missions are great!
 
The Canada Winnipeg Mission is the best mission ever. I'm literally in the middle of nowhere teaching people the gospel. This is all the Lord's work, not mine. I am only a minor part in this work, and the miracles are because of Him.

I love it Here. This is the closest I have ever been to the gospel. 

All is well,
-Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment