Monday, October 8, 2012

Week #10

It is getting cold here....the last couple of days have been from -1 to -4 plus wind so it's like feeling a northeastern wind, and that's nothing to -40. They say this winter is going to be really cold because we had such a hot summer. Good thing I got a parka. Brother Olsen gave Elder Wilson and I some co-op tuques (hats) they are soooo warm. 
Conference was incredible. I loved Jefferey R. Holland's talk the most. It made me seriously think about after I come home. Rather than going back to life and old things I want to continue to serve and show my love for my saviour. This is why I love the CWM (Canada Winnipeg mission) because most of the missionaries who are out here, were all inactive before they came out. They say 50% of missionaries go in-active when they get home, but I don't think the CWM will because we were already in-active. When Elder Zwick of the seventy came to talk to us in zone conference, he said "the most powerful missionaries who ever walked the earth are sitting in this room." I know and have a testimony about this because all the missionaries in that room have all been inactive and have all experienced the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
Commitment is what it is all about, and sometimes it is hard, but I really think people forget how to trust God. Like in conference it was said that "god is not hiding, we are hiding."
I had Thanksgiving supper on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and am having it today in Brandon with all the missionaries in Brandon. A member in Brandon is feeding us too.....I'm so full. I also ran 3 km today. But I cannot get enough of that pumpkin pie....mmmm it is good.
Crystal came to every single session of conference!!!! Her kids came Sunday morning and her sister came for both sessions on Sunday. Crystal is still getting baptized. She is solid. She reads and prays everyday. We had an experience though this week when we taught tithing. It was hard for her because she's a single mom and doesn't make a lot of money. She texted us and said she didn't want to continue meeting.....we were worried. But also didn't believe that for one second. So we prayed and prayed and prayed. We went and got her a a funny card and wrote our testimonies in it. We were going to leave it at her door, but then she called us. It was perfect timing and a miracle. We helped her with her concern and she is just stronger than ever and is still getting baptized! It is the 27th though because the 20th is stake conference. She still wants to get baptized in the lake, and all of her kids are getting baptized as well!!! :)) Conference even made her stronger!!
I have just been so tired lately that sometimes when i say my prayers at night i start falling asleep....oh it's weird. I have to start over again and repent for falling asleep and then I fall asleep again! haha
I love this Gospel with all my heart. This is challenging work, especially in the CWM. But it is so rewarding. I testify in the name of Jesus Christ that this gospel is real. I have seen it change someone's life. I love the CWM.

All is well, 
-Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment