Monday, September 2, 2013

Week #56

Hello mother!!!
 
Mom great things are still happening in the great Fort Frances. This Sunday we had about 15 people there which is great. It wasn't a big drop at all. This Sunday in the town there will be a power outage and when that happens nobody works on Sunday so I think we will have the big 20 at church this Sunday!!! I am so excited for it. Hey I got my box thank you so much for those ties. Those are beautiful ties I don't know if I could ever trade them. I think I might have the best ties in the mission haha. Mom can you believe it? With patience and diligence we have been able to triple our attendance down here in Fort Frances!!!  I am so thankful for a God that I know does care and loves his children. It still blows my mind that this has happened. And the members and less actives are fellowshipping together greatly!! We couldn't ask for anything better. 
 
We did have a good week though.  And this week will be so good. We have like 5 or 6 appointments with investigators that we plan on teaching twice. Also, we are going to teach Peter this week. He is doing so good. He came to Church this Sunday with his kids, but his wife had to work. She is a less active member, but still he came without her so that is huge.
 
Guess what I have been doing all day today??? President Tovey took us golfing today!  President Tovey, his son Jay, Peter, and us all went Golfing today and played 18 holes and all tied at 93 pretty good hey. But after that we all went out to the harbour for lunch. Best p-Day I have ever had I think. Mom.....my face is getting Fat!! oh no.....good thing I have a year left to get in shape.
 
There is no way in the world that I would be out here at all unless I knew what I was doing, saying, and teaching were true. I do know that God is There and that he is loving and merciful. I know that his son Jesus Christ is the Christ, and that his atonement will always be there for us to apply when times are at it's worst. I have felt the redeeming and the enabling power of the atonement. I know that through the atonement we are forgiven and that that power enables us to do and become better. The scriptures are true. If we put limits on ourselves, we won't accomplish anything. God knows our potential and we can accomplish anything that he would require of us. The church is true.
 
All is well:)
 
-Elder Clark
 

No comments:

Post a Comment