Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Week #58

 
Well mother We had another great week!!
 
We were actually out of our area for  most the week going on exchanges with our district leaders so that was good we got to see how they were fishing and what we could help them with.

 Well we were able to help our missionaries out on exchanges so I am happy about that. We got transfer calls I am Staying in Fort Frances, and Elder Weeks is going to Saskatchewan. I for sure thought that I was leaving but I am staying. Reason is, well President gave me my transfer call earlier and said that it didn't feel right to transfer me he didn't want to leave my companion here because he didn't think he would be able to carry the area. so I am staying. Which I am really happy about and the new elder that is coming in is Elder Shepherd and he will be Zone leader with me. We have so much going on here now. We have Walked and talked with everyone and have not really got much from it but we have 7 investigators that have all come from members. We taught Nancy and Ed this week and they are just solid. They came to church again this week and we went to the church the next day and we saw Nancy their cleaning the church with the Relief Society sisters! That is just great fellowship. Peter has been busy with night shifts so we haven't been able to teach him this week :( but we are going to this week.
 
AHHH the Osters are doing so great mom! what a huge miracle that they are back at church and just loving and living the gospel. Their son Boden passed the sacrament this Sunday and brother Oster gave a great talk. Sister Oster is just on fire with missionary work! when she was a teenager in chili the mission president in that area set a goal for 1000 baptisms in 3 months and so as a teenager she went out and knocked doors with her friend and taught people in parks and they all got baptized! So at her work she told a co worker that she was a Mormon and her co worker went to salt lake for a surgery and so Sister Oster said when you go there please take a picture of the temple for me. She brought her back a marble stone with the temple on it. So she is going to invite her over for dinner and have us there and have us teach! Things are just happening. There are still days were it is slow, but that is just how missionary work is, not everyday is the best, but it is just so rewarding. I want to keep in touch with that family for ever.
 
We had 15 people at church this Sunday and it was great. We had some members that were out of town and some less actives that were sick. There is a real nasty bug going around here so it was a real excuse. But I am happy with that. We want 20 or more.  We are trying to keep the number of church attendance from 15-25 so any of those numbers or numbers in between  is great. Because then it is not a huge back slide. But this coming Sunday we should have 25 again. Plus it is district conference.
 
Well things are going great here we have to travel in Thursday for transfers so it should all be good. I know this gospel is very much real and true. Life is great, but time is really flying by. In 3 transfers I will be out a year and a half and transfers just keep flying by.......ha in 3 months I'll be talking to you at Christmas time...crazy!

Well life is great and I love you and all of you a lot. And yes I got your package! thank you so much for those Oreos :))
 
love you
All is Well:)
-Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment