Sunday, May 12, 2013

Week #39

Well this week we have just been teaching teaching teaching! Mainly we are teaching less actives because we need to get them back. But we have been teaching Zach still, the guy that we found on the street. So we taught him and every time we teach him, he just feels the spirit so strong, it is amazing. The first time we taught him he said "I feel calm and peaceful". The second time we taught him he said that it felt like his heart was expanding. We invited him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. He did so, and the third time we taught him hen said he prayed about it and felt a burning in his heart and chills through out all of his body. We invited him to be baptized, he has a date for the first of June! :) He wants us to teach his family, too! The Lord is good.

I had a couple branch presidency meetings......never thought that would ever happen on my mission. I guess being an assistant and consoling with President prepared me for this. But everything is going really good here. We are working as hard as we can, walking everywhere. We got some volunteer service for helping coach a soccer team! Which is great because Elder Camarena loves soccer and can play it good. But think how many families will be at soccer practice! We can share the gospel with them.

So we were able to jam with this less active's boyfriend and he trusts us a lot now. We were having a conversation and some how prayer was brought up and he said "No way, you can't say that. Prayer isn't real, that doesn't happen". I then shared my experience about me crashing my car in the ditch and how the power of prayer helped me. After I was done sharing my personal experience his whole attitude changed, just a complete 180! It was so neat. He is very anti religion. We are slowly working with him.

Well we taught a lot of less actives like I said, and none of them came to church this Sunday. There was only 4 members at church that were sitting in the seats. Zach came though and he loved it. But still, they were all committed to come and then something came up :( it breaks my heart. I think about these people every night. We need to always nourish our testimony and stand strong or else the fiery darts from the adversary will break us down.


All is well,
-Elder Clark
P.S. I was rusty when I was playing the drum, embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment