Monday, August 27, 2012

Week #4


This week was pretty crazy! We just have miracles everyday. We are able to teach about 2 other lessons a day just from tracting and so that's really good. Lisa is doing really good - she is reading and praying, and Ron is amazing! I seriously love that guy. 

Ok so we're tracting all week and on Wednesday we see Ron drive by on his motorcycle like he's looking for us or something. So we see him sitting in the park and we go over and talk to him, and I kid you not this guy is so happy to see us. He says "Elderly Clark Elderly Ronald!" haha that's what he calls us. So before I go into detail let me tell you a little about Ron. The first time we met him he just looked like the saddest guy on the earth. And then when he called us up that Saturday he still looked just sad... and we gave him The Book of Mormon and some chapters to read. Ron struggles with a gambleing and smoking addiction, And it's bad... so when we went to go talk to him in the park he just looked so happy. He said "You guys I haven't gambled in 5 days!! I have 30 dollars in my pocket can you believe that?!" we were so proud of him! He said "I don't know what it is, I just haven't had the urge to gamble". Well we find out that he's been reading The Book of Mormon and the verses we gave him. We told him that we pray for him everyday to have strength to not gamble. He said when he's reading he just feels all of this pressure lifted off, and he just feels good and i hasn't had any desire to gamble...Ron then says that we have given him a gift and that he wants to give us a gift and so he took us out for subs. I have never seen the power of The Book of Mormon like that. I truly know that The Book of Mormon has such a great power to it, and that it can help anyone with their trials. I just remember that first day and that second day we talked to him and how horrible and depressed he looked. I know that The Book of Mormon is true. It was an amazing experience!
This week we got 7 new investigators! We are working so hard. I have decided that anything I do I need to give it 100% - doesn't matter what it is. We had the zone leaders out for exchanges and that was good I got to learn new things as well as some other things. When we were done for the day with exchanges the zone leaders stayed the night, and one of them was talking to me because he goes home in 2 weeks, and he shared with me this list of all the movies he's gonna see when he gets home. When we were on exchanges he told me he was inactive for 5 years. So when he shared with me this movie list I realized that a lot of them were rated R. It made me really think about my mission and after my mission. I wanted to tell him to grow up, and that he shouldn't be making a list of movies he wants to see, especially if they're rated R. It was just sad to hear. I know that when I'm done I want to continue to serve the Lord. There is just no way that i can waste time doubting or being discourged. I have to give 100%.

I know this gospel is real and true. I love this work and I know I can't say much because I'm only 5 weeks in, but I don't care. I love this work! It is hard but rewarding. I have seen so many miracles.

All is well,
-Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment