Monday, August 20, 2012

Week #3

This week has been soooo crazy! We were in Winnipeg from Tuesday till Wednesday for specialized training and then we were in Brandon all of Thursday for exchanges. so we were out of our area for a long time. When we got back we went out tracting on Friday and we decided to stop by all of our investigators houses. We first went to Lisa's and we haven't heard from her since we met her which was the first Sunday we were here, and we were trying to get a hold of her for awhile too, anyway we go knock on her door and no answer....we knock again, and Lisa opens the door! Oh I was so pumped! We asked her if she read the chapter in the Book of Mormon that we gave her and she said yes, she could really relate to it and has found herself hungering for more. I couldn't believe what I was hearing! We set up a time to meet with her that very day at 8:30.
 
So we continued tracting that day and it was just a good day. A lot of good things happened. So 8:30 rolled around and we met Lisa at the church and gave her a tour and then sat down and just had a lesson. This lesson was on the sabbath day and the atonement and faith in Jesus Christ. I taught her about the sacrament and the atonement of Jesus Christ. It was going really well. Then I testified of Jesus Christ and then asked Lisa if she will follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of god? she then said we'll I'm getting ready for my baby and I wanted to do a double baptism, I then knew what to say. I went to Moroni chapter 8 and told her that baptism was a special thing and that it needed to be at a time where we are accountable for our sins, and I said some other things too. She then said it made sense because she had always been wondering if people should be baptized when they are accountable, and then I did something I thought I wouldn't do, I invited her to be baptized again and she said yes. She's getting baptized on September 8th! and I guess we might be doing it at the lake! Elder Ronald said that was really good that I asked her again because he said most missionaries just ask once and when they say no then they are  like oh OK and just set up another time to meet. I'm so excited! I've never been happier in my life like I think I grew an inch or 2 because of that...haha. Lisa also came to church on Sunday as well and stayed for all 3 hours.
 
So on Saturday Elder Ronald wanted to get 4 lessons because we've been out of Dauphin like all week so he wanted to make up for it. One of our investigators randomly called us and said we need to meet I need to talk to someone. So we met with him and boom lesson 1. We got to his concerns too, he said that his family isn't ok with him being interested in the church, so I'm glad that we know that now, but it gets better haha. We're out tracting and we see all of these bikers roll into town, like they almost looked like they were a biker gang, so we're tracting and guess who we see with the bikers....Ron! haha. So now we know who his family is. It's his biker friends, They look like a tough crowd too. it was just funny. Then, we ended up having another lesson so boom lesson 2. We're tracting for hours, and nothing is happening. Elder Ronald then says I've lost my faith in tracting for the day and he turns to me and says promise me we'll get 2 more lessons. I thought about it for a couple of seconds and said I promise you. We went and had dinner at a members house found out shes less active and her husband isn't a member boom lesson 3. Then were out tracting at like 8:30 and within 5 minutes we knock on a door and this little old lady says come in come in. We go in and teach her by her door and boom lesson 4. We walk out and I said see I told you we would haha. It's just silly to doubt, I don't get the point. We've had so many miracles that I can't doubt and sure there may be days where nothing happens but we have so many days out of 2 years.
 
Our Branch is full of cowboys....like they have a pair of blue jeans for church and they get them pressed haha they wear their cowboy boots and belt buckles and their hats and a lot of them are youth like 16 and then there are a couple dads and older men. but it's just so funny. I'll have to get a picture with them! They all do rodeo too and they all ride the bulls.
 
I love it here it's so great! I can't believe that I've already got a baptismal date! Also I found out why there are so many less actives. I was studying preach my gospel and reading in D&C and I came to some verse that talked about teaching with the spirit and teaching in some other way. As we have talked to all the less actives we've gotten to know their concerns. This scripture hit me so hard because I found out that all of them have been taught in some other way that is not of god. They have all been convinced that it is true. They have not been taught by the spirit. Experience is non-transferable. If they do not have an experience with the spirit then they are taught in some other way.
 
I miss all of you so much and pray for you all the time. I know that this is the lords work with out a doubt in my mind.
 
All is well
-Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment