Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Week #36

I am transferred and loving life, it is good to get out of the office.

We live in the states but we are moving into an apartment in Fort Frances on Wednesday.
 
This week has been absolutely crazy. But we have seen miracles. On Tuesday we met with the Branch President and it went really well. We have the same vision for the branch, which is good. He told us to go visit this less active family, the Osters. So we went and knocked on their door around 7:00 and no answer so we walked to our next appointment to go see this fella. He is a little bit different, I think he has some form of like mental illness or something. So this was our second time to go see him, last time we visited him we just read with him. Elder Camarena was all excited being a new missionary and all, but I tried to tell him that we shouldn't teach him because he has some crazy ideas and that he is just literally crazy. It was funny, I could remember being that new missionary and so I said ok fine we will read with him one more time. So we went to go see him and we buzzed at his apartment building and he asked us if we brought him a suit coat, like one of ours and we said no we were too busy and so he told us to F off and that he didn't want to see us anymore haha all because we wouldn't give him our suits....haha it was funny. He was a strange guy. So we were out of things to do and the Osters weren't home and so I said ok lets walk back to the Oster's and all of the sudden this car pulls up and talks to us and it turns out that is was the Osters!! What a miracle. They invited us over so we walked to their place and the wife is from Chile so Elder Camarena and her would speak Spanish. 
We have taught them twice now and they are thinking about coming back to church! They are such a great family :)
 
We have taught a lot of less actives this week and so it has been really good. We have been walking everywhere, because we don't tract and so we have just been talking with everyone and it is really good. If I could, I would walk the rest of my mission, because you can talk with everyone. We are trying to get involved with the community so we are going to attend a city council meeting. Other than that we have worked with former investigators and most of them have moved or aren't interested. So I said to Elder Camarena, "Elder, we're walking because I want to put in a full day of work". I especially want Elder Camarena to have a full day of work. He is doing great to by the way. He teaches me some things in Spanish!
 
We went and taught this less active lady, Karen, and she has two kids and a boyfriend and she said that her boyfriend isn't receptive to the missionaries at all. So I asked if he would be receptive to us specifically and she said no and that he is usually busy with his band. I then asked what he plays. She said he plays guitar and drums. So then I was like No way, I play drums! I told her to tell him that I would come over and jam with him. She was really excited and said that he would like that. Now her boyfriend said we could come over anytime. So I am going to jam with him, show him what I got on the drums, and then teach him the Gospel! haha :)
 
We went to church today. The branch is big. It has a half court gym and a chapel. Only three members showed up at the beginning and we ended with 7 members... we have some work to do. I have never seen anything like this.
 
Last night we were walking to a less active and on the way we passed this guy with an orange hat that was on the other side of the road and I wanted to go talk to him, but he passed us too quickly. So this less active wasn't home so we walked over to a place to volunteer for service and we were on a completely different road and the same guy with the orange hat was walking. But he was walking towards us now. So I talked to him and he told us that his mom just got diagnosed with MS and he said that we could come over next Saturday and share a message with them
 
Well everything is going great here it is still cold and it is still snowing. I love this gospel and know it is true. 
 
All is well,
-Elder Clark

P.S. On Mondays one of the members, who is from Scotland, takes us out to Hardee's and buys us lunch. This is every Monday! The funny thing is that a bunch of other members and people are there and they all sit there and apparently they go there every day. It felt like I was in Seinfeld. They just all hangout and talk about nothing and random stuff. They are all old too! I love it haha it feels like I'm right there in the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment