Monday, November 19, 2012

Week #16

This week has been something else....it has just been super busy and just go go go. I love it though! I saw the northern lights while I was in Regina! They were big and bright and neon green in the sky. They were so neat. Elder McDanel and I went like out of the city and in the middle of nowhere just to look at them! They were huge! It's just like you would see them in the movies!! I love Heavenly Father for sending his son to create all these wonderful things. 

 We went on exchanges with a lot of the elders up in Regina and then in Saskatoon. I was on an exchange with Elder Perkins who is a zone leader and we were doing work. We were late to our appointment and we parked downtown in Regina and figured out that we were at the wrong place so we just started running to the place in
downtown Regina. Elder Perkins stopped in 7-11 to get directions and we ran in to buy a water and give it to a homeless man. We got to our appointment and everything worked out fine and then we were late to our next one but they called us and told us they were running late. It was super neat because the Lord just made everything go well just from that small act of stopping and getting that homeless guy a water.

We went to Brandon on Saturday and they baptized a guy from Rwanda who I was able to teach a month ago on an exchange with Elder Barfuss so it is just super neat to seem him baptized. It was a very good experience. 

Every Tuesday we go and play basketball with the Filipinos! I love those people!! I'm getting good at basketball so watch out! I'll be shooting 3's for days whoop whoop. 

Canada is full of people from the whole world! I really want to try buloot or whatever it's called. The Filipinos eat it. What it is is an undeveloped egg. Gross hey? Apparently it's really good. 

Everything has been going really good here. Except the elders that were here that we were helping out left the milk and chocolate milk out before they left, so we came home to some gross milk....who does that eh? You're always supposed to put the milk back. 

Well I met with president today and it was really good! I love that man and he helped me out. So I think I know what I'm doing here. And we're having Thanksgiving on Thursday! I'm excited. 

Well that is pretty much my week. I've just been on the road a lot and have been eating a lot of fast food. I feel fat but I'll work it off. 

I know the scriptures are true, as we truly liken them to ourselves, then they have way more meaning and they make sense. I know this is the Lord's work and I love this gospel. GALATIANS 5:22 and that is exactly what I feel when I read The Book of Mormon. That is how I feel when I go out and do missionary work.

All is well, 
-Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment