Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Week #81

Hi mother,


Well the week has been a lot better. We have had some struggles  just trying to build the church here. We had a lot of success this week. Elder Erickson and I are both determined to have success here. We want to "succeed as bad as we want to breathe." We were really busy this week with service activities and appointments. We taught the peters (the German Mennonite family) on Saturday night and they are our new investigators! We have appointments with them all through out the week. We taught them about faith and answered questions that they had about our faith. What a neat experience it has been being able to help establish the church where there is no church.  It feels like the old days where the mission president sends you out and says "alright well establish the church and make it happen." 

I don't think we will have a branch here for a while though, but we will still continue to build the church. And so far it is going really good. The community knows we are here. Everyone at service loves us. So it is going really good.

We got in contact with the De Vears the Filipino family so hopefully we will be teaching them this week.

I am glad that this work helps you stretch and grow. All I want to do in life is succeed in everything I do and my mission has really taught me that. I have been able to put in all my effort in everything I have done here, some things didn't work at all, and so we reevaluated and went back to work. I am grateful for this time of my life.

Last night we had a miracle. We got a call from a member and we ended up going to see an unknown less active member that wants to come back to church.  We will be seeing him sometime this week.
Well I know that prayer is real and that the answer isn't always given right away. But it does come. I have found power through the scriptures, they are true. The only way to know if anything is true is to ask god if it is. Either it is or it isn't. But it is and I testify that it is true.

Love you and all of you so much. :)
-elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment